One Child Policy
China has nearly a quatre of the worlds population, but only:
- 7% of the earth's land surface
- 8% of the bio-climatic resuources
- 5% of the worlds fossil fuels
China's one child policy came into force in 1979.
The following benefits became availiable:
- Free birth control + Family planning advice
- Cash Bonuses
- Improved Housing
- Free Education
- Free Medical Care
- THE ABOVE ARE ONLY AVALIABLE IF THEY ONLY HAVE ONE CHILD. + ANYONE BREACHING THIS WOULD LOSE THESE BENEFITS, AND FACEFINANCIAL PENALTIES.
Despite the fact that, this could be described as succesful, it is not 100% succesful. The birth rate has gone down between when it came to power, and 1995, but the birth rate has been up and down, not always consistent.
- THE POLICY HAS PREVENTED 300 MILLION BIRTHS.