- N= VC /1000
- C= 1000N/V
1 of 3
- Relative atomic mass ; This is the mass of an atom compared to 1/12 of the mass of an atom of carbon 12. Where carbon is exactly 12.
- Relative isotopic mass ; The mass of an isotope compared to 1/12 the mass of a carbon 12 atom, where carbon is exactly 12.
- Relative formula mass ; The mass of a compound compared to 1/12 the mass of a carbon 12 atom, where carbon is exactly 12.
- The mole is a unit of measurement used in chemistry to allow us to weigh out the correct number of particles, (ions, electrons, compounds etc ... for a chemiscal reaction)
- Ionisation energy ; Is the energy required to remove 1 mole of electrons from1 mole of gaseous atoms to form 1 mole of gaseous ions.
- Periodicity ; A graph has this when a repeated pattern is apparent... E.g... First Ionisation energies.
- Electron ; Cloud of negative charge, it fills a volume in space called an orbital.
- Orbital ; A space of volume
2 of 3
The electon configuration is now using S,P,D and F's...
- E.g Hydrogen would be 1s1... :)
- So it goes up like... :
- 1s2, 2s2, 2p6,3s2,3p6,4s2,3d10,4p6...
- The 4s2 gets filled before the 3d10 because it is easier to fill the 4s2.... after the 4th s - orbital is completed, it goes back to filling up the 3d- orbital
3 of 3