- Created by: Sophie Hill
- Created on: 17-11-11 20:03
Why do giant covalent structures have high melting
- The bonds are strong.
- A lot of energy is needed to break the bonds.
- All the atoms are joined by covalent bonds.
- A large number of bonds would need to be broken.
1 of 3
Explain, in terms of molecules, why propane has a
- There are intermolecular forces/bonds between the molecules.
- These bonds/forces are weak.
2 of 3
Explain how metals conduct electricity.
- There are outer shell electrons in metals.
- These electrons are delocalised.
- The electrons are free to move around.
- The electrons can carry charge/current.
3 of 3