- A mixture of many compounds, mostly hydrocarbons.
- It is seperated by fractional distillation.
- This process seperates the fractions into mixtures of different sized hydrocarbon molecules with with similar boiling points.
- The larger the molecule the higher the boiling point
CRUDE OIL IS MADE UP OF...
- petroleum gas- boiling point; below 20
- petrol- boiling point; 20-100
- naptha- boliling point; 40-170
- kerosene- boiling point; 170-240
- diesel- boiling point; 240-330
- fuel oil- boiling point;330-400
- bitumen- boiling point; over 400
1 of 1