- Carbon Carbon C-C Single Bonds
- Saturated hydrocarbons beacuse there are no spare bonds
- Do not decolourise Bromine Water - no spare bonds
- Wont Form Polymers
First four Alkanes : -
- Chains of carbon atoms with double bonds
- Unsaturated hydrocarbons because thet hav spare bonds
- decolourise Bromine water - form bonds with bromine water
- Form polymers by opening up thier double bonds and 'hold hands' in a long chain
First Two Alkenes :-
Ethene is made by cracking Diesal
.. heated at 300'c ..
.. with a pressure of 70 atmosphere ..
.. Using Phospuric acid as a catalyts ..
Oils can be saturated Monounsaturated or Polyunsaturated.
[ vegetable oils are usually unsaturated. ]
Unsaturated are carbon carbon double bonds = alkenes
Mono means one - one carbon carbon double bond. monounsaturated
Poly means many - more than one carbon carbon double bond . polyunsaturated.