- Acids are any substance which measure less than 7 on the PH scale.
- When an acid is added to water it forms H+ ions.
- Modern industry requires lots of sulphuric acid for processes such as: car batteries, fertalisers, detergents and to prepare metals for painting.
1 of 3
Alkalis and bases
- Alkalis are any base dislolved in water.
- A base is a substance with a PH of more than 7
- Alkalis form OH- ions when added to water.
- Alkalis are used in cleaning products such as oven cleaner
2 of 3
Acids and bases equations
Acid+base ---> Salt+water
H+ + OH- ---> H2O
3 of 3