- Created by: MOrganwg
- Created on: 14-04-20 08:21
Microscopes and Cells
PLant And Animal Cells
All Cells in both plants and anmals have certain feautures in common:
- Cytoplasm - Where most of the chemical reactions that make up life go on
- A Cell Membrane - Which controls what enters and leaves the cell
- A Nucleus - Which controls DNA, the chemical that controls the cell's activities.
- Miotochondria - (singular: mitochondrion), which are the structures that carry out aerobice respiration, supplying cells with energy.
Microscopes and cells
Plant and animal cells
Plant cells can be distinguished from animal celld, because they have some features trhat are not seen in animal cell's. These are:
- A cell wall - made from celluose
- A large, Permenant Central Vacuole filled with cell sap.
- Chloroplasts, which absorb light for photosynthesis - chloroplasts are not found in all plant cells, but they are never found in animal cells.
Microscopes and cells 3