Animal and Plant Cells
Plant and Animal cells have similarities and differences:
- Nucleous- contains DNA that controls what the cell does.
- Cytoplasmn- gel like substance where most of the chemical reactions happen.
- Cell Membrane- holds the cell together and controls what goes in and out.
- Mitochondriia- these are where most of the reacts for respiration happen. Respiration releases energy that the cell needs to work.
- Rigid Cell Wall- ade of cellulose gives support for the cell.
- Largre Vacuole- contains cell sap a weak solution of sugar and salts.
- Chloroplasts- where photosynthesis occurs. They contain a green substance called chlorophyll.
1 of 2
Bacterial Cells and Microscopes
Bacterial cells have no necluous and Cells are studied using Microscopes;
- Chromosomal DNA is one long circular chromosome that controls the cells activities and replication. It floats free in the cytoplasmn.
- Plasmids are small hoops of extra DNA that aren't part of the chromosome. Plasmids contain genes for things like drug resistance it cane be passed between bacteria.
- The Flagellum is a long hair like structure that rotates to make the bacterium move.
- The Cell Wall supports the cell.
- Calculate Magnification- lenghth of image divided by lenght of specimen.
- Step 1- look through the eyepiece.
- Step 2- focus the micrscope then finally tune the focus.
- Step 3 and 4- Select the lowest poweered objective lens, then choose a higher magnifiation if needed. Then place the specimen onto the stage.
2 of 2