Plant & Animal Cells
- Nucleus: Contians Genetic material that controls activities in the cell.
- Cytoplasm: A gel like substance where most of the chemical reactions take place.(contains enzymes which control these reactions.)
- Cell membrane: Holds together and protects the cell.
- Mitochondria: Where most of the reactions for repiration happen.(respiration releases energy that the cells need to work.) So in theory, Mitochindria provides the cells energy.
- Ribosomes: These are where protiens are made in the cell.
These cells usualy have the same bits as the animal cell, plus a few extra things including;
- Cell wall: Made of cellulous.It supports the cell.
- Vacuole: Contains cell sap. A weak solution of sugar and salts.
- Chloroplasts: These are where Photosynthesis ocurs, which makes food for the plant. They contain a green substance called chlorophyll.
1 of 1