Resolution is the abiloty to see detail!
Magnification is the ratio between the actual size of the object and the size of the image.
Magnification = size of the image/actual size (rearrange for different formulars
- fine structure of cells visible with an electron microscope
- within cytoplasm fibrous structures composed of protiens which form a cytoskeleton.
- animal and plant cells are EUKARYOTIC as they have a nucleus and organells.
Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum (RER)
- flat sacs of membrane
- fluid filled
- surface covered in ribosomes
- protein synthesis
- transport proteins to golgi apparatus.
Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER)
- flat sacs
- fluid filled
- make triglycrides (FATS)
- make phospholipids
- Make cholesterol
- flat sacs piled
- vesicles forming around the edge
- modifies protiens by adding carbohydrates
- packages protien
- makes lysosomes
- formed of 2 membranes surrounding a fluid filled matrix
- inner memrand folded highly to have greater SA for enzymes of respiration
- aerobic respiration
- attached to RER or free in cytoplasm
- made of protiens and RNA
- assembles amino acids to make proteins
- single membrane
- fluid filled with enzymes
- enzymes destroy worn out parts of the cell
- and digesting food particles.
- many internal membranes
- large SA for chlorophyll, enzymes of photosynthesis and other pigments.
- site of reactions of photosynthesis.
- controles entry and exit of materials
- retains cenn content.
- sacs of fluid
- ribosomes on outer surface
- pores allow substances to pass between cytoplasm and nucleus.
- separates cytoplasm and nucleus.
- contains genetic information as DNA in chromosomes
- darkly stained area under LM and EM
- produces ribosomes.
- Made of actin - type of protein.
- provide mechanical support for cells: apart from the cytoskeleton.
- made of tubulin - type of protein formes into hollow tubes
- part of cytoskeleton
- provides pathways for movement of organelles
- form cillia, flagella (undulipodia) and centrioles
- form spindle to move chromosomes during anaphase
- extend from cell surface
- made from microtubules
- (9 microtubules and 2 centeral ones)
- surrounded by plasma membrane
- found in large groups
- move fluid or mucus past cells (trachea)
- move egg in fallopian tube
- same as cillia
- found singly
- moves actual cell
- i.e. sperm in animal
- i.e. mosses and ferns in plants.
- made of microtubules (9 microtubes and 2 centeral ones)
- not found in flowering plants
- assembles the spindle to move chromosomes
- nuclei division in animal cells
- do not have a nucleus
- no organelles made of membranes
similar to eukaryotic cells how?
- cytoplasm, ribosomes, cell surface membrane
only found in eukaryotic cells
- nucleus, nucleolus, nuclear envelope, mitochondria, goldi aparatus, chlotoplast, cillia, vacuoles
only found in prokaryotes:
- ring of DNA
- smal rings of DNa known as plasmids, capsual, flagellum (not built of microtubules)