- Created by: amankaurb
- Created on: 07-03-15 18:32
Describe the location of sichuan province. what ty
· The location of Sichuan is on the long mansion fault, is in the north western part of China.
· The province of Sichuan lies a major fault located at the border of the indo-Australian plate which moves north- eastwards by 5cm per year.
· It pushes against the Eurasian plate increasing the pressure at the fault line. The epicentre is 80km west-north-west of Changhua which is the capital of Sichuan.
· Both plates were continental with the hit they create the Himalayas.
Facts and Figures.
date: MONDAY 12TH MAY 2008 @ 2.28PM
death toll: 69 227
number injured: 375 000
economic damage: $89 BILLION
number missing: 18 000
describe what happened on the day the earthquake o
On the 12th may 2008 the magnitude of the earthuake was 7.9. the epicentre of it was 80km west-north-west of changua. shockwaves were felt in bejing and shang hai.130 soliders and 20 helicopters were sent to the scene. the earthquake was 30 times more powerful than Kobe and laster 120 seconds on land and moved 9m north.
how did the remoteness and lack of economic develo
They cant bild earthquake proff buildings- not enough money. Emergency services were not prepared they had to wait for aid and emergency services. healthcare, education and communication was less developed. people could not cope in such major events. 17000 classes were ruined. 19000 children died.
why do people choose to live in such dangerous loc
jobs are hard to find
not enough money to go somewhere else
more opportunties here
hard to learn new languages
love the landscape
please arent educated enough
what could the Chinese authorities have done to re
They could have improved the communication healthcare and emergency services and are called for more help from other countries and tried to tell people what to do. and could have made people more educated by teaching them emergency drills earthquake resistant building could have been built. could had developed a communication plan.developed a hazard map with earthquake risk zone. had safety places ready for people that had been left homeless. could have had disaster supplies on hand e.g. food andblankets etc.