Describe the Lake District:
The Lake District is a glaciated upland area in Cumbria with spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife and a cultural heritage.
The key features are:
-Hill walking and climbing
What are the postitive impacts?
1. Creates employment in local hotels, B&B's and resturants.
2. Creates employment in the tourist sector (hill guides and water sport tutors)
3. Trade, in local shops grow.
4. Farmers in the District can boost income.
What are the negative impacts?
1. Seasonal low-paid jobs.
2. Menial jobs in hotels and shops.
3. Traffic congestion and pollution.
4. Overcrowding in 'honey pot' sites.
5. Property prices get too high for locals.
6. 'Community' declines due to number of second homes.