Water Aid. An example of an aid project.
An example of an aid
- 10 children die every minute from drinking dirty water causing cholera and dysentery
- 14% of the population has no toilets
- Water Aid provides water for 10 million people
- provide bricks and cement to dig wells in places with access to no water
-They provide low cost techniques so the local people can maintain it themselves = Sufficient
- Hygiene projects are set up. People are encouraged to hand wash. This reduces diarrhea by 40%. This improves the health of the population.
-People are encouraged to only collectt wtaer from where safe drinking signs are displayed.
-When they have the water this should be stored ina a jar with a cover to prevent contamination
-MEDC's and charities provide aid to LEDC's
-Multilateral aid is where many countries give help through organisations such as the world bank
-Sometimes Aid can be a loan not a gift and LEDC's may find it hard to pay it back