Nike In Vietnam. An Example of an MNC.
Nike In Vietnam.
An Example of an MNC.
- wages allow people to improve their quality of life
- imporvements to local services, e.g: hospitals and schools
- poor working conditions
- local culture is lost, nike brand takes over
- Pays higher than other local companies
- Exporting Nike products encourages growth of the economy
- Very often are no trade unions allowing the work force to be exploited
- Demulitiplyer effect if Nike moves from vietnam to a cheaper and more suitable location
-Lower saftey standards than MEDC's
-MNC's contribute to air and water pollution
- 70% of the workforce of Nike are based in Asia
- Majority of workers are women under the age of 25.