Fold Mountains: The Alps
- Tourism; Skiing in the Winter, dramatic moutain scenery tours in the Summer.
- Farming; Terraces created to make areas of flat land that can be used for growing as well as livestock. The terraces retain water better and are therefore more fertile.
- Hydroelectric Power; Steep slopes and rapid flow of water.
- Relief; High mountains, steep slopes and narrow valleys with little flat land for farming.
- Climate; Temperature drops with height, growing season is short.
- Soils; Stony, thin and infertile.
- Accessebility; Travelling along valleys is ok, but getting between them is much harder.
- Railway tunnels cut through the mountain to make travelling between valleys quicker and easier.
1 of 1