Job description & personal specification -
Job description - Tells candidate what is expected of the job and helps the business indentify the qualities needed in the individual to be selected for the job.
Personal specification - Provides details of the ideal candidate by listing the essential and desirable characteristics of that person.
Internal recruitment - Advantages -
( Internal recruitment - filling a job vacancy by selecting someone from within the organisation )
- The employees abilities are known already
- opportunities are often motivating for the workforce
- process is quicker
- less expensive
- reduces the risk of employing the wrong person
External recruitment - Advantages -
( External recruitment - filling a job vacancy by selecting someone within the organisation)
- Provides a larger choice of well qualified applicants
- Brings in 'new blood'/ new ways of thinking
- May overcome jealousy of internal recruitment
Factors affecting methods of recruitment and selec
- level of job within the organisation
- size of organisation
- resources available to fund the process
- culture of the firm - whats normal to that firm?
Training - Internal or External?
Benefits of internal training -
- Cheaper ( also, loss of output )
- Realisitic environment
- Managers and supervisors can assess improvement
Benefits of external training -
- Interchange of ideas
- Employees feel valued (With specialist trainers)
- Less immediate pressure from work