- The sun is the main source of energy for all life
- The first way this is shown is through plants in photosynthesis.
- The mass of living material (biomass) is lessened at each stage of a food chain.
- Energy is lost through faeces, heating the body and movement.
- Energy loss can be lessened by reducing the amount of stages in the food chain.
- Battery farming will make sure animals don't lose energy as heat or through movement.
1 of 3
- Living organisms take material from the environment as they live, when they die this is given back.
- Microorganisms decompose dead material and digest it.
- The best conditions for microorganisms like these to work is warm and moist.
- Plants need some nutrients to grow, they are given some of these by other organisms dying and decomposers returning the material to the ground.
- In theory, there is an equal amount of material entering the ground than being removed from it.
2 of 3
The Carbon Cycle
Taking Carbon away from the atmosphere
Giving Carbon back
- Death of organisms
- Burning of fossil fuels
3 of 3