- Cell Memebrane - a bag that keeps everything inside of it. Mainly contains Cytoplasm (Water based mixture which is full of enzymes.)
- A Nucleus - where the DNA is kept. Tells a cell what to do (when to divide, multiply etc.)
- Cell Wall - made of cellulose which surrounds the cell membrane giving it strength and structure.
- Mitochondria - turns food into energy.
- Chloroplasts - Chlorophyll and harness light energy.
- Permenant Vacuole - a space within the cell. Usually full of watery sap which just keeps the cell firm.
1 of 7
Specifcally envolved to trap as much light as possible for photosynthesis.
- Regularly shaped
- Packed closely together - forming a continuous layer.
- Makes the efficent at absorbing light!
- Jam-packed with chloroplasts enables them to trap plenty of light.
2 of 7
Root Hair Cells
- Don't contain any chloroplasts!
- Have long, thin wall finger-like projections which grow outwards which stretch out into the soil absorbing mineral ions and water.
- Have a realitively large surface area - can absorb as much as possible.
3 of 7
Male sex cell who's job it is to fertilise an egg!
- Tadpole-like shape with a long whip-like tail.
- It's head is full of DNA - genetic instructions to help make a baby.
- The head also carries a sack of potent enzymes which enables the cell to break through the egg cell membrane during fertillisation.
- Under the head there is Mitochondria which provides all the necessary energy.
4 of 7
Red Blood Cells
- Crammed full of the protein, Haemoglobin.
- Transports Oxygen around the body where it's needed.
- Squashed doughnut shaped - giving them a large suface area.
- Very thin cell membrane and have no nucleus.
5 of 7
The movement of molecules and gases
- Gas particles or dissolved molecules in solution spread.
- Move from a region where there is a high concentration to a low concentration.
6 of 7
The movement of water across a cell membrane.
- a concentration gradient is needed.
- Water is going to move through the permeable membrane from a less concentrated or more dilute soloution to a more concentrated or less dilute solution.
7 of 7