- Created by: Zoya
- Created on: 29-01-13 18:57
Diet and exercise
Different food groups have different uses in the body. For example;
- Carbohydrates - are needed to release energy.
- Fibre - is needed to prevent constipation.
- Protien - is needed for cell replacement, cell repair, and also growth.
- Fats are needed to keep warm and to make cell membrane.
The metabolic rate is the rate at which chemical reactions happen in our bodies. Some factors that affect the metabolic rate are:
- The activities a person does
- The proportion of muscle to fat in the body.
1 of 1