Animal Cells have the following parts:
- Nucleus - Contains genetic material that controls activities of the cell
- Cytoplasm - Gel-like substance where most reactions happen. Contains enzymes that control the reactions
- Cell Membrane - Holds cell together and controls what goes in and out
- Mitochondria- Most of the reactions for respiration take place here, respiration releases energy needed for the cells to work.
- Ribosomes - These are where proteins are made in the cell.
1 of 3
Plant Cells have the same makeup as animal cells plus a little more:
- Rigid Cell Wall - Supports the cell
- Permanent Vacuole - contains cell sap, a weak solution of sugar and salts
- Chloroplasts - where photosynthesis occurs, which makes food for the plant. Contains a green substance called chlorophyll.
2 of 3
Plant Vs. Animal Cell
3 of 3