PLANT AND ANIMAL CELLS HAVE SIMULARITIES AND DIFFERANCES:
- Nucleus- contains genetic matireal + controls activities of cell.
- Cytoplasm- gel like substance, where most of the chemical reactions happen. Contains enzymes that control these chemical reactions
- Cell Membrane- hols the cell together and controls what goes in and out.
- Mitochondria- where most of reactions for reperation take place. Resperation releases energy that the cells need to work.
- Ribosomes- these are where proteins are made in the cell.
PLANTS CELLS BASCILLY HAVE THE SAME FEATURES AS ANIMAL CELLS BUT HAVE A FEW EXTRAS THAT ANIMALS CELLS DONT:
- Rigid Cell Wall- made of cellulose. It supports the cell and strenghens it.
- Permanent Vacuole- contains cell sap.
- Chloroplast- these are where photosynthesis occurs, which makes food for the plant. They contain a green substance called chlorophyll.
YEAST IN A SINGLE-CELLED ORGANSIM
Yeast is a microorgansim. A yeast cell has a nucleus, cytoplasm and a cell membrane surrounded by a cell wall.
BACTERIAL CELLS HAVE NO NUCLEUS
Bacteria are also single-celled microorganisms.
- A bacterial cell has cytoplasm and a cell membrane surrounded by a cell wall.
- The genetic material floats in the cytoplam because bacterial cells don't have a nucleus.