- Name and identify the parts of the leaf
5 ways leaves are adaped for efficant photosynthesis?
- Broad large surface area
- thin so short distance for gas to travel
- cotains chlorophyll to absorb light
- have a network of veins for support and transport
- stomata for gas exchange
Gas is exchanged by?
How is the sturucture of the palisade cell related to its function?
- Contains many chloroplasts
How is the cellular structure of a leaf adapted for efficent photosynthesis?
- epidermis is transparant
- palisade layer at top conatining most of the chloroplasts
- air spaces in spongy mesophyll allow diffution between stomata and photosynthesising cells
- internal surface area / volume ratio very large
What are the steps that water tavels through a plant
1 absorbtion from the soil through root hairs
2 transport through plant to leaves
3 evaporation from the leaves
transpiration privides the plant with water for?
- movement of minerals
how is the structure of a leaf adapted to reduce exessive water loss?
- waxy cuticle
- small number of stomata on upper surface
how is the cellular structure of a leaf adapted to reduce water loss?
- changes is guard cell turgidity (due to light intensity and availability of water) to change size of stomata
- number, distbution , position and size of stomata