- Created by: _lucyh
- Created on: 05-02-15 17:20
DNA and Cell Division
- DNA molecules are large and complex. They carry the genetic code which determines the characteristics to the living organism.
- A gene is a section of DNA that codes for specific protein. It is the unity of heredity, and may be copied onto the next generation.
- The cell's nucleus is contains chromosomes. These are long threads of DNA, each made up of genes.
- Each strand of DNA is made up of chemicals called bases. These are THYMINE (T), ADENINE (A), GUANINE (G) and CYTOSINE (C).
- Thymine pairs with adenine and guanine pairs with cytosine.
1 of 1