Adaptation & Classification 1.1
- Large surface area compared to volume-
- Effcient with water- little sweat, lose less water
- Good in hot sandy condidtions- thin layers of body fat, large feet (spread their weight makes moving easier), camouflage.
- Small surface area compared to volume- compact shape, min surface area, reduces heat loss
- Well insulated- thick blubber (for insulation), thick hairy coats, greasy fur (prevents cooling)
- Good in snowy conditions- camouflage, big feet ( spreading weight, stops sinking)
1 of 1