- Created by: laurenemma06
- Created on: 23-02-18 12:03
- large multicellular organisms are made up of organ systems
- similar cells are organised into tissues.
- a tissue is a group of similar cells which work together to carry out a particular function it can include more than one type of cell.
- examples of tissues include muscular tissue- which contracts (shortens) to move whatever its attactched to.
- Glandular tissue, which makes and secretes chemicals like enzymes and hormones. epethelial tissue which covers some parts of the body eg inside the gut.
- tissues are organised into organs.
- an organ is a group of different tissues that work together to perform a certain function. for example the STOMACH is an organ made up of muscular, gladular and epithelial tissues.
- organs are organised into organ systems.
- an organ system is a group of organs working together to perform a particular function- for example the digestive system.
- organ sytems work together to make entire organsisms.
1 of 1