- baptism - either as a baby or as a teenager/adult.
- praying to god for emotional/physical/spirtial well being
- participating in the sacraments such as communion or confirmation.
- witnessing religious experiences or experiencing one for themselves.
this can support their belief in god if they feel it was a good experience and feel that they received something from their religious upbringing.
The theory can support your belief in god how?
- anything that has been designed needs a designer
- the only possible designer of something so intricare is God
- a version of this is paley's watch - paley believed that if a watch needs a watch maker the univers need a unicerse maker. as both a watch and universe are made up of such complex mechanisms. as the only being that could designthe universe would be god it follows the god must exist.
Evidence of the desing of the world.
Laws of science - the laws of gravity and elcetrictiy etc// all involve complex things working together
DNA - this is a nucleic acid which forms the materials of all living organsims its formation could indicare a design of blue print for the structire of organisms
Evolution - some see the evidence of design in the process of evolution where comples life forms to develop from simple ones.
Beauty of nature - there is ecidence of design in the natural beauty that people find in landscapes an things surronding them.
this theory also lead people not to believe in God
- the argument ignore the evidence of lack of desing in the universe for example vocanoes, earthquakes etc...
- all the evidence for design can be explained by science without even thinking of a God
- the argument only proves that the universe has a designer not god. the designer could be many gods an evil god a god who used this universe as a trail run so that he could create a better one.
Why R.Caltholics dont believe in abortion?
- its againest the 10 commandments
- sactity of life
- life is given by god not us
- under no cercumstances are you aloud to have an abortion if you are a R.Caltholic.
Prostestents views on abortion?
- they do not believe in abortion
- the breaking of the 10 commandments
- sactity of life
- if the mother or child is in danger or you have had a good enough reason to say you should get rid of the fetus than you are aloud to go againest the rules that are made.
- lesser of two evils.
Laws on abortion?
- the current law is you are aloud an abortion up till 24 weeks of pregnacy
- this changed from 28 weeks to 24 weeks in 1990
- before the 24 weeks was put into place from 1957-1990 it was 28 week
- they aim to reduce it to 20weeks