Beliefs about the nature of God:
What God is like for Christians:
- There is only one God (stated in Ten Commandments
- omnipresent (everywhere at once)
- omnipotent (all powerful)
- immanent (God is present in the world and the universe and can act directly in the world)
- transcendent (God is outside, beyond the universe and space and time)
- omniscient (all knowing, all seeing)
- acts in best interests of His creation
- God is the Creator of the world and everything in it
- God will judge everyone individually
- God has a purpose for the world although we cannot know what it is
Biblical for the nature of God:
First of the Ten Commandments
"I am the Lord you God...thou shalt have no other Gods before me"
"O Lord you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailling love for all who do ask your aid."
"Lord you know everything"
"Anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love"
"With God everything is possible"