- Created by: kira
- Created on: 23-05-11 18:28
- The Metaphor: "Marilyn." shows how the speaker looks up to her mother, she admires her, her mother is beautiful and popular. She thinks her mother deserves to be famous.
- 1st person shows how the she is possessive and controlling, she looks up to her mum and wants t keep her to herself.
- The Metaphor "stamping stars" are symbolising the stars in Hollywood, which shows how her mum wants to be famous.
- The word "Sparkle" reflects how special and precious her mother and their relationship is.
- The short sentance of "Marilyn." puts emphasis on the way the speaker views her mum.
- Each stanza is like the speaker is looking at a photo or a different memories their mother has had.
1 of 3
Tone and Meanings
2 of 3
Comparisons to other poems
- 'Mother,any distance'
- 'On My First Sonne'
3 of 3