- The Eyes Task comprises of photographs of the eye region of 25 different male and female faces.
- Each picture was shown for three seconds and participants were given a forced choice question between two mental states printed under each picture.
- The foil word was always the semantic opposite of the correct word. The maximum score on this test is 25.
- As predicted high functioning adults with autism or Asperger syndrome did have more difficulties with the Eye Task than both ‘normal’ adults and adults with Tourette syndrome.
- Mean score on the Eye Task Adults with autism or Asperger syndrome = 16.3
- 'Normal' adults = 20.3
- Adults with Tourette syndrome = 20.4
- It was also found that ‘normal’ adult males had more difficulties with the Eye Task than ‘normal’ adult females.
1 of 1