- Created by: ethannnnnnnnn
- Created on: 08-11-17 16:44
B7 - Non - communicable diseases
Non - communicable diseases
1 of 6
B7.1 - Basic info
- Cant be passed on.
- Risk factors - lifestyle, substances in persons body or environment linked to disease.
- E.g more ciggarets smoked = more chance of lung cancer or heart disease.
2 of 6
B7.2 - Cancer
- Benign and Malignant tumours - abnormal uncontrolled cell devision.
- Benin - form in 1 place, dont move
- Malignant - cancerous,invade neighbouring tissues and can spread in blood, forming secondary tumours.
- Lifestyle risk factors - smoking, obesity, UV exposure, genetic risk.
3 of 6
B7.3 - Smoking and the risk of disease.
- Can cause cardiovascular disease - heart disease, lung cancer.
- A fetus exposed to smoke - restricted exygen supply, premeture birth, low birth weight and stillbirth.
4 of 6
B7.4 - Diet exercise and disease.
- Diet affects risk of cardiovascular disease through cholestorol levels and obesity.
- Exercise affects risk of cardiovascuklar disease.
- Obesity can lead to type 2 diabetes.
5 of 6
B7.5 - Alchol and carcinogens.
- Can cause cirrohosis of liver and liver cancer.
- Can cause brain damage and death.
- Alcohol consumed by pregnant woman can affect babys development.
6 of 6