- Your kidneys have two main jobs, homeostatis and excretion.
- The kidneys extrete the toxic urea from your blood stream and also gets rid of any excess water.
- Liver cells make urea when urea when breaking down your body's amino acids so as it flows through your kidney it is removed from the blood.
- Your kidney works as a sieve, taking out all small molecules from your blood (water, sugar, salt ions and urea)
- Useful molecules are reabsorbed into the blood (glucose, some salt and sme water)
1 of 2
- On hot days you make less, concentrated
2 of 2