- Created by: hafsah.quadri2019
- Created on: 10-11-19 16:58
Photosynthesis is a chemical reaction that happens in chloroplasts of plants and algae. It needs light from the sun to convert CO2 and water into glucose and oxygen.
CARBON DIOXIDE + WATER ----> GLUCOSE + OXYGEN
Limiting Factors Of Photosynthesis:
- Low temperature: All chemical reactions happen more slowly as the reactant molecules have less kinetic energy
- Shortage of light
- Shortage of Chlorophyll
- Shortage of CO2
- Respiration is an exothermic reaction ( releases energy) that supplies all the energy needed by living organisms.
- This reaction happens continuously in all living cells.
- The reaction can be aerobic (with oxygen) or anaerobic (without oxygen).