What is so harmful about mutations?
- they can result in producing the wrong protein.
- they can result in producing no protein at all.
The above can lead to the wrong reaction occuring, or no reaction at all.
- mutations in reproductive cells can cause abnormal development.
- mutations in reproductive cells can also cause death during development.
The above can therefore be traumatic to the parents, and will harm/kill the baby.
- mutations in body cells causes cell multiplication.
- the multiplication of cells that goes out of control is called cancer.
Cancer is often fatal, and hard to treat.
1 of 1