B1-Defending Against Infection
- Bacteria are living cells
- When in our body the multiply rapidly
- Then release toxins/poisons.
- This makes us ill.
- Diseases caused by bacteria- Salmonella, cough, cholera, typhoid.
- Smaller than bacteria and consists of a fragment of material inside a protective coat of protien.
- Viruses only reproduce in host cells.
- A virus enters a cekk and multiplys inside until the host cell blows up.
- The viruses then passed out into the blood stream.
- Diseases caused by virueses- Influenza, colds, measles, mups, rubella, AIDS.
1 of 1