- Created by: amrik
- Created on: 10-10-13 21:18
B1.6 Reason for variety
- Organisms are adpated to their surroundings.
- they have variations in their characteristics that allow them to survive in their habitats.
- organisms living near deep-sea hydrothermal vents cope with big tempreature changes, complete darkness and huge pressure.
- some characteristis show variation between induviduls of the same species.
- discontinous variation in characteristics is ususally caused by the instructions within your cells and is called genetic variation.
- normal distribution curve shows the most individual measures within the middle of the range in variation. there are a fewer indivudals with measurments at the extremes of the range.
- Continous variation is often controlled by genes and the environement.
- aquired characteristic ~ a characteristic that is changed by the environement rather than inherited from your parents.
- environemental variation ~ diffrences between the characteristics of organisms caused by their environement.
- genetic variation ~ diffrent characterisitcs as a result of muation or reproduction.
- qualitative data ~ two sets od data compare both / they are descriptions.
- quantitative data ~ numerical values.
1 of 1