- Created by: Laura_Bryant
- Created on: 11-05-15 14:08
Autonomic:- "Self Governing" The system of motor neurones that controls the non- concious actions of the body. The control of actions of involuntary muscles and glands.
CNS:- Central Nervous System. Consists of the brain and spinal chord.
PNS:- Peripheral Nervous System. Consists of all the sensory and motor neurones outside of the CNS.
- Most active in sleep and relaxation
- Pre ganglionic neurone is long
- Post ganglionic neurone is short
- Neurotransmitter: Acetylcholine
- Decreases heart rate
- Decreases breathing rate
- Pupil constriction
- 'Fight or Flight'
- Pre Ganglionic neurones are short
- Post ganglionic neurones are long
- Neurotransmitter: Noradrenaline
- Increased heart rate
- Increased breathing rate
- Pupil dilation