- Created by: Rebecca Mills
- Created on: 26-02-13 18:01
The History of the Periodic Table
- Everything is made up of elements > arranged in periodic table.
- 1869 Dmitri Mendeleev developed periodic table.
- Arranged elements in order of atomic mass.
- Table included all elements and left gaps for those not yet discovered.
- Elements were fitted into a column where it's properties fitted best.
- If they didn't fit then they were put into a spare column.
- Able to predict existence and properties of undiscovered elements eg- silicon.
- Can predict porperties of artifical elements (don't occur naturally.)
1 of 1