What Makes Up An Atom
Structure of the Atom;
- It's in the middle of the atom.
- It contains protons and neutrons.
- The nucleous has an overall positive charged and neutrons have no charge.
- Almost the whole mass of the atom is concentrated in the nucleous.
- Size wise its tiny compared to the atom as a whole.
- They move around the nucleous.
- They have a negative charge (electorns and protons have equal but opposite charges).
- There tiny compared to the nucleous, but as they move around they cover a lot of space.
- The size of their orbites determine how big the atom is.
- They have vituallyno mass.
- They occupy shells (energy levels) around the nucleous.
1 of 3
Know Your Particles
Number Of Protons Equals Number Of Electrons:
- Neutrol Atoms have no charge
- The charge on the electrons is the same size as the charge on the protons but opposite.
2 of 3
3 of 3