- Created by: Lois Howson
- Created on: 31-03-14 09:44
- Social pressure makes some people conform to the majority.
- Some people seem to be able to resist theis social pressure and remain independant.
- If the majority is not unanimous, then conformity declines.
- "...the tendency to conformity (in our society so strong that reasonably intellegent and well meaning young people are willing to call balck white) is a matter of concern..."
- However, Asch warned that human capacity to be independent is not to be underestimated.