How services can foster positive attitudes?
- Employ people who demonstrate good care values and adopt behaviours e.g. Showing respect.
- Provide training so they follow correct procedures and ensure staff understand how attitudes can influence practice.
- Provide correct/specialist equipment - promotes good ethos in practitioners.
- Good management structure - a clear hierarchy and procedures. Approachable and effective managers/named person responsible (in charge) who use good leadership and work as effective teams.
- Monitor observation of their staff's performance so they can reflect and improve.
- Provide a mentoring system/appraisal system to support staff and give them advice/support.
- Provide staff meetings to share concerns and share good practice.
- Have good handover procedures to ensure consistency and good standards.
1 of 1