Baptism as a sacrament
Baptism is a Christian Sacrament which is practiced by nearly all christian Churches.
SACRAMENT: OUTWARD AND VISIBLE SIGN OF INWARD AND SPIRITIUAL GRACE (AUGUSTINE)
There are two different types.
- Infant Baptism
- Believers baptism
- Priest draws a sign of a cross on the infants forehead and says,
- 'I baptise you in the name of the farther, the son and the holy spirit'
- It is considered as a way of washing away natural sin and becoming a member of the church.
1 of 2
Anglican Teaching - Church Of England
- Accepted generally by all COE
- Baptism was started by Jesus and COE believe its neccesary for salvation
- Repentance of past sins - coming in to a new life and washing away sins
- Coming out of the dark and into the light
- Rising again ( Resserection, like jesus)
- Idea of baptism like death & beggining a new life
2 of 2