- Extrancting aluminium is done by electrolysis (electricity) and that isn't cheap!
- Copper is smelted from it's ore by electricity.
- Titanium has to be displaced by metals which were obtained by electrolysis in the first place.
1 of 3
- Have to make quarries to get the ore. Quarried damage habitats and don't look nice at all.
- Release toxic waste into water where animals live. Therefore they die.
- Release greenhouse gasses into atmosphere and they contribute to global warming.
2 of 3
- It's a lot cheaper to recycle them because they are already fairly pure (they've already been sorted out once so that they could be used).
- It's also cheaper because not as many greenhouse gasses are let out, not as much toxic watste is produced and not as many quarries are built.
3 of 3