- Created by: Former Member
- Created on: 09-05-12 12:13
The Assesment Objectives
A01; Tests your ability to select and apply relevant concepts and approaches from intergrated linguistic and literary study.
A02; Tests your ability to demonstarte detailed and critical understanding in analysing the ways in which structure, form and language shape meaninggs in a range of spoken and written texts
A03;Tests your ability to use intergrated approaches to explore relationships between texts, analysing and evaluating the significance of contextual factors in thier production and reception
Achieving your best!
To achieve your ebst in the examination , you need to;
- Gain a through knowledge and understanding of the texts in the anthology
- Develop a good knowledge and understnding of the key terms and concepts
- Be able to structure your answers in a way that enables you to compare the tests you are writing about (PEEL)
- Consider tghe ways in which the texts can be linked
- Apply your knowledge in situations (question 1) that are no completley predictable.
Purposes of the texts
Purposes if the texts in the anthology are likley to be;
The unseen texts question (Question 1)
Timings; you should devote about 40 minutes to question 1
How to approach question 1:
- understand the question
- understand the context
- read both texts carfully
- choosing what is relevant to compare.
What you need to write about;
- GASP; genre, audience, subject and purpose (most important, always have to link back to purpose/audience)
- Structure/presentation of the texts
- language choices
The Anthology question (Question 2)
Choosing the reight texts; You should know all 33 texts well and be able to make informed choices about which texts are relevant to the question you are given.
Timing: you should spend around 65 minutes on this question: 5 for studying the question and considering the texts. 8 for readings the texts and annotating them.6 minutues on how you are going structure the essay (5-7 key points)40-45 minutes writing the essay and 5 minutes checking
what the include:
- intriduction (context)
- form and structure
- figuritive language
- sound patterning
- word choice
- layout and presentaion