Distance Time Graphs
- Gradient= speed
- Flat sections means that the objects are stationary.
- The steeper the graph the faster it it going
- Downhill sections means its going back towards its starting point.
- Curves represent acceleration or deceleration.
- A steepening curve means its speeding up.
- A levelling off curve means its slowing down.
Speed= Distance / Time
Distance=Speed x Time
Time= Distance / Speed
Acceleration & Velocity
Definition: How quickly your velocity is changing.
Acceleration= Change in velocity / Time taken
Definition: speed in a certain direction
Distance=velocity x time
Velocity Time Graphs
- Gradient= acceleration
- Flat sections represent steady speed.
- The steeper the graph, the greater the acceleration or deceleration.
- Uphill- are acceleration •Down- hills are deceleration
- The area under any section of the graph is equal to the distance travelled in that time interval.
- A curve means changing acceleration.
- The area under the line on the velocity-time graph represents the distance travelled in a given time.
- The bigger the area, the greater the distance travelled.