Robbery - Actus Reus
Appropriation, Property & Belonging to another - THEFT!
- Immediately before or at the time of the robbery,
- Hale - IBorTofS - Broke into womens house - Continuing act = tying her up
- Corcoran and Anderson - IBorTofS - attempt to steal bag - Knocking was sufficient force
- Use of force or threat of force
- Dawson & James - ForTOF - Stole wallet with nudge - no technical meaning for level of force
- B&R v DPP - ForTOF - Defendants intention to cause fear, doesn't matter if they don't
- Clouden - ForTOF - Wrenched shopping bag - Force doesn't need to be on victim
- Bentham - ForTOF - Pretend pointing of gun - Intention of fear, no matter if real or not
- On any person
- In order to steal
Robbery - Mens Rea
Dishonesty and Intention to permanently deprive - THEFT!
Intent or Recklessness as to use or threat of force to steal