- Thoughts, nervousness, apprehension or worry that a performer has about their lack of ability to complete a task successfully
- I can't do this
- Physiological responses to a situation where a performer feels that they may be unable to cope. Symptoms include sweating.
- An enduring personality trait, giving a tendency to view all situations as threatening.
- Anxiety felt in a particular situation.
1 of 2
There are three ways to measure anxiety. This is through:
- Physiological - in an artifical situation and could make someone nervous
- Observation - in an artifical situation could lead to an increase in anxiety
- Questionnaires - may not reflect individuals true feelings. However quick and easy to measure.
2 of 2