Animal Farm Contexts.
- Napoleon and Snowball = Stalin & Trotsky
- Trotsky was popular, famous for passionate speeches
- 1924 Stalin made an alliance against Trotsky
- Trotsky expelled from Russia in 1936
- Trotsky fled to Mexico, assassinated 1940.
- Trotsky became a common enemy
- If people mentioned trotsky's name they were seen as a traitor.
1 of 2
To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird contexts.
- Book is set in 1930s. Was written in 1960's
- Scottsbro case = what Tom Robinsons case based on.
- The Great Depression
- KKK worked as a gang= the lynch mob before trial
- Black people blamed for the depression= maycombs view
- The cunninghams have nothing because of the depression
- Unequal rights for women, feminists seen as unnatural = maycomb women.
- Black people couldnt marry white people= dolphus raymond.
2 of 2
Similar English Literature resources: