- A Political Story
- Published in 1945
- Tells a story of how animals overthrow their human masters in order to establish a fairer society.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)
- Fable - characters are animals who display human characteristics - "Anthropamorphism".
- Satire - Literature which targets an issue
1 of 2
Key Points in the book
- PAGE 3 - rhetorical questions in speech
"we" - together
hyperbole - exaggeration "A thousand times "no"
- PAGE 4 - "Man" turned into scapegoat (common enemy)
repetition of "man"
- PAGE 5 - juxtaposition - placing of two things together for effect.
- PAGE 7 - Use of ballad - nostalgia, child - hood memories to touch the animals hearts
2 of 2