- Created by: michael hinds the third
- Created on: 06-05-19 10:48
The dinner celebrations of the engagement
- 'Isn't it a beauty' - shows their wealth/ puts more money on nice things but not marrying her daughter- Family/class
- 'lower costs and higher prices' -shows how the wealthy abuse the lower classes/ trying to pay less to the workers and sell it for more incresing his profits - Family/class
1 of 6
Inspector telling everyone about the suicide
- 'Burnt her inside out' -shows how much abuse she's been through and the pain she has suffered - Police/class/responsibility
2 of 6
A Chain of Events.
- She changes her name to Daisy. - The Birlings have messed up her life so she changes it. She wants to start a new life.
- Gerald gets with her and has sex
- Shelia gets her sacked. 'Nothing wrong with the way she was doing her work' - suggests that she did nothing wrong and it was all out of frustration.
- Mr Birling sacks her- 'The girl had been causing trouble' - suggests that nothing was his fault and he's not to blame
3 of 6
- Eric- 'but afterwards she told me she didn't want me to go in' - he uses his authority and class status to force his way into her and change her life completly. He makes her pregnant.
4 of 6
- Eric Birling goes to Mrs Birling 'No she did not want me to marry her'. - He transgresses to out of his class. Rebillion. He is producing a B******D child.
5 of 6
- The Inspector is not real 'An Inspector Calls' - They feel innocent again and feel like they have done nothing wrong
6 of 6
Similar English Literature resources: