- Created by: LEA_H
- Created on: 03-04-20 11:32
How many colonies were there?
Why did the colonists have to obey laws that came
They were still part of the British empire as they came from Britain.
Why did the British government tax the colonists?
The british government thought that the colonists should pay for the protection the government provided them.
What did the British government place taxes on?
why did the colonists object to the taxes?
the colonists did not discuss this with the British government and they wanted independance.
What do the colonists mean by ' no taxation withou
They do not want to be taxed by the British government unless they have an MP who will speak for the colonies in Parliament
What sparked the war of independence
- The colonists were not happy with the taz on the tea; they all came on the ships where the tea was transported and threw them into the ocean.(1773)
- The British government closed the American ports and forbade public meetings
- the colonies met to discuss resistance against the british
- Americans and British fought over ammunition
- 1/2 million copies of the explosive pamphlet were sold which convinced people to break from britain (1776)
What is guerrilla warfare?
When you know the land and sneak up on your opponent.
Why did Britain lose the war?
- distance-American's had all their supplies with them
- time -communications back to England took a long time
- terrain- the americans were used to the land and knew where the hils, battlelands and british camps were
- allies- france and spain were allies with america
- tactics- americans could use the guerilla warfare tactic
- motivation-the americans wanted independance and their allies were also keen on that idea